Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Greek "Pizza" with My Favorite Homemade Hummus

Last year I asked my dad for easy plant-based lunch suggestions.  He likes to make pitas with hummus.  This has become a favorite.  I have also tried many different hummus recipes, and this is by far the best one I've had.  The pita "pizza" was also a hit with my toddler.  Sneaky veggies!

Ingredients: 
-pita bread
-hummus (here's the link to my favorite recipe: http://www.shugarysweets.com/2012/08/hummus) Don't forget to keep adding 1-2 tbs of water near the end while you blend, blend, blend
-your favorite veggies (I usually do tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and greens) 
-fresh herbs
-olive oil (I like mine extra spicy)
-feta cheese (optional)

Instructions: 
1. Warm or toast the pita.
2. Spread the hummus and then layer veggies (and cheese if you want). 
3. If you are eating it like a mini pizza, throw it in the oven/toaster oven on broil for a couple minutes to warm the toppings. 
4. Drizzle some spicy olive oil.
5. Garnish with fresh herbs. 

For my one-year old, I blended the veggies and added it to the top like a second spread.  He loved it!
Props to Shugary Sweets for the amazing hummus recipe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment