Friday, February 27, 2015

Banana "Nice" Cream

I am addicted to ice cream.  Well, not just any ice cream, Tillamook Mudslide ice cream.  It was getting to the point where I had to have a bowl almost every night or I would get antsy.  This week I decided to face my demons and lay off the chocolate.  Funny enough, I lost some weight this week by simply NOT stuffing my face with dessert at night.  This is what helped me those first awful days. 

Disclaimer: Now, don't get me wrong, Banana "Nice" Cream is NOT ice cream.  It's...a banana.  Therefore, it will taste mostly like a banana.  

HOWEVER, it has an amazing custard-like texture that helps me, at least, feel like I'm having a smooth, delicious treat.  It's also a great base for add-ins, and it's dairy free!  

1. Cut 2 ripe bananas into small medallions and freeze for at least two hours.  I just try and keep some bananas in the freezer at all times for when the craving hits.  

2. When you're ready for your treat, blend the bananas on med-high.  If they have been frozen for more than 4 hours, add a tablespoon of cold water at the bottom of the blender before you start.  If the mixture still looks powder-y in the blender then add a tiny bit more water.  

3. Blend, blend, and blend until it reaches this thick custard consistency.  If your blender heats food then don't blend long enough for it to melt! 

4. Add berries, nuts, or even blend in a little bit of cocoa powder.  Have fun with it! 

I over-blended my nice cream in this picture, but you get the idea :-).  Enjoy your healthy treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment