Thursday, September 29, 2016

Veggie Lasagna Straight from Heaven

Engine 2 Sweet Potato Lasagna 

  

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 package Silken Lite tofu
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • 1 teaspoon rosemary
  • 2 jars pasta sauce (I use Victoria White Linen Marinara from Costco. It's AMAZING) 
  • 2 boxes lasagna noodles
  • 1 bag of spinach (LOAD IT ON! YUM!)
  • 2 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
  • 6 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
  • 1 cup raw cashews, ground
  • VEGGIES! The recipe calls for specific ones, but honestly, you can use whatever the heck veggies you want! I just pick the veggies I have on hand: I've used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc. Sautéed mushrooms add a meaty feel, while carrots add sweetness. You are the master of your own destiny :-) 





Tips: 
Let me tell you a secret about this recipe: it's way more complicated than it needs to be. The recipe asks you to cook your veggies one by one and set them aside in different bowls. Don't do that. (As shown above), just soften up your veggies all together in a big pot with olive oil--after you've sautéed your onion and garlic, of course. I like to have my onions nice and sweet before I add in the rest. (Also, pressure cookers are incredible for this prep!) 

Be forewarned, the recipe makes a TON of veggie filling. But this only means that you can save it to make a second lasagna. I also cook two and then freeze one for later (which my family greatly appreciates). 

The other great part about this recipe is that you don't have to cook your noodles separately. Just make sure they have sauce on either side, and they will cook in the oven. 


Lastly, don't forget the toasted cashews. They are essential to the recipe and are so good that you don't even miss the cheese! 

Bon Apetit! 

http://engine2diet.com/recipe/raise-the-roof-sweet-potato-lasagna/



No comments:

Post a Comment